- The settings for Sound, Music, Interface Size and Netbook Mode are now saved every time you exit the settings menu and are also loaded directly when you start the game.
Please note that these settings are NOT loaded from the saved save game anymore. This means that all those who are already playing will have to set the settings once again.
The advantage is, of course, that the volume is set right at the beginning of the game and that you can set the settings differently depending on your computer.
By the way, the difficulty of the fights and the display of the tutorial tips will still be saved and loaded from the savegame as before !
- When exiting the game, there is now a prompt asking if you really want to do this. This was requested by some players who had unintentionally left the game ;-) !
During the last update, an error crept in when displaying the textures of the paths in the intro. This has now been fixed.
This update is about the textures of trees and paths and includes many other small improvements. The textures of the trees were stretched in the past and therefore the trees did not look so good in the game. Now the textures are integrated into the game in double resolution.
The road textures have also been renewed and integrated into the game in a different way, which makes them look more harmonious.
The trees now grow gradually to full size and each have three different textures in their growth phase, which provides more variety.
With this update the polishing of the game is finished as far as I can see. It feels all in all good.
Next on the agenda are two more big content updates that continue the main story and answer unanswered questions, while of course also expanding the nature and farm area (new plants and trees, new animals and new nature events). Of course, this will take time and cannot be done in a weekly cycle as before. I will take it easy with these addons, because the last time was quite exhausting.
All textures of trees have been renewed (the trees themselves are of course unchanged) and integrated into the game in double resolution. Some fruits and the colour of the leaves were optimised. For this, parts of the textures had to be moved and rearranged. All changes should work in every game state.
All textures of the paths and roads were completely redesigned and the way they are painted was reprogrammed. Frayed path edges are now a thing of the past and all paths have also received small embellishments that are randomly drawn.
The spell attack buff can now be bought individually from Niall (some recipes require the spell).
Some English translations of "ancient grain" corrected.
A rune that was in Joseph's house could be picked up incorrectly. This has been fixed.
After the end of the main story, a final save is now created (in an invisible saveslot) that can be loaded from the game's (future) add-on.
Trees are now properly revived at the same growth level by the overcharged healing spell.
Existing temporary bonuses increased by potions and food are now only replaced if the new bonus is greater. This affects attack, magic points, magnet range and maximum energy. If the bonus is the same, the remaining time is increased.
Display of bonuses for speed now in %.
A small bug that crept in during a previous update and caused certain objects not to be entered into the map from a distance has been fixed.
Some potions and some dishes did not temporarily increase speed as intended. This should be fixed now.
New item: llama whistle. It is used to call the next riding llama to you. It only works on the surface of the world.
Short quest series in connection with the llama whistle. Start at Magda's after you have learned the animal language and finished Wood's quest series.
When the river flood came too early in spring and the areas were still covered with snow you couldn't see the new rivers and it felt like you were running into an invisible wall. I have changed this so that the river flood can now come later in the spring and the new river fields melt the snow.
brightened up the nutrient display a bit so it stands out better and is easier to read.
The dialogue box has now been unified with the main interface to look more uniform.
Sometimes it happened that the trade window closed again immediately after opening(if you were standing too far away from the trader). This is now fixed.
In this update I have finally taken care of the status GUI and redesigned it. Now everything is integrated in the quick bar and the rest of the screen belongs to the display of the world.
I hope you like it and don't feel too bad about the change. All functions are still available.
Also, I turned off the environment occlusion on the surface of the world. It didn't make sense there and didn't look nice.
The last major change concerns tiredness and presentation of cutscenes. Here the frame texture of the image section has been removed. Instead, there is now a smooth transition into black, which looks more harmonious and not so much like looking into a tube.
Below you will find the complete list of changes.
I hope you all enjoy the new features!
Patch Notes V1.37
- In Alfred's and Magda's farm shop you can now buy an animal whistle with which you can call all tamed pets within a radius of 25 fields (cats, dogs, squirrels, llamas) on your farm to you. They then show via emote whether they are already very hungry and you can feed them more easily.
The animal whistle can be used like a tool or activated with the Q key in the quick bar (blue frame).
- On the surface, I have now deactivated the environment occlusion, as it looked unnecessary and simply not nice there. This way the world is now even more different from the dark caves, which is good for the atmosphere.
- Tools (including improved ones) can now be sold at the merchant (no longer at the craftsmen).
- Some prices for raw materials and animal products have been adjusted to improve the balance.
- Some speed bonus values for equipment and permanent spells have been slightly reduced.
- Removed the texture I had used to limit visibility (fatigue and events) and replaced it with a smooth transition to black instead. I think this looks better and is less reminiscent of a fisheye effect.
- For dialogues and speech bubbles I used a new font that is much more readable, which will surely please many.
- In the GUI, many small visual improvements have been made that increase readability and are more visually appealing. The fonts have also been unified.
- The main status GUI has been completely redesigned and all displays are now integrated in the quick bar. All functions of the individual sections and displays still work as usual.
- When quickly casting the invisibility spell with the Q key, a check for nearby monsters has also been added.
- Added text for the whistle.
- Texts for the new status GUI adapted.
- Some bugs fixed.
Mistakes corrected in some texts of the German version
Manual texts (F1) for skills, animals, tools and floors completed
Manual texts for spells (complete list of all spells added)
If there is still snow in spring, NPC remove the solid snow cover before sowing plants instead of putting the seeds on top.
A meteor impact has been moved slightly.
Textures for small durite, iron and copper deposits made slightly lighter to stand out better against the background.
Fixed a bug that caused one animal to slowly push through the other when two animals collided (noticeable at the moment especially when riding the llama).